Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Virtual Retreat

This week I am on virtual retreat.  What does that mean?  Well, it means that I'm doing what I normally do when life gets rough.  I'm knitting and spending time on Ravelry.  Actually, this week I'm retreating with the Stash Knit Down group.  The Black Sheep Virtual Retreat is for all of us who wish to avoid holiday shopping madness this week by relaxing at home with our knitting.  Black Friday/Black Sheep.  Cute, eh?


Looks comfy and snugly  right?  Um... knitting in bed is fine for about a half an hour, then the part of me that does the sitting gets very uncomfortable and I have to get up!

I'm knitting a Christmas stocking for Spencer this week.  He's the last of the kids to get one.  This is partially due to the fact that last year when I was making most of them, he requested a stocking knit with Barcelona colors.  I decided to wait till that phase was over!


After three days, it still doesn't look like much, but it's getting there!  I dyed the green and the gold yarns and they came out just right.  Hooray!  The capital S looks weird because I hadn't finished the top and bottom.  I used duplicate stitch on those bits later so I wouldn't have to strand the white all the way around the stocking on those rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment