Monday, December 3, 2012

First Sunday of Advent

The first candle of the Advent wreath has been lit!  Advent has officially begun.  My theme for this Advent (inspired by Father's words at mass yesterday) is "Out of Darkness, into His Marvelous Light!" 

It feels like there's been a lot of darkness this year, both in my life and the lives of my friends.  It sounds cliche to say, but I've seen my friends being pretty heroic in the midst of suffering and strife.  And I've seen first hand that "God makes all things work for the good for those who love Him!"  So, I will continue to have hope and look forward to Christ's coming!

As previously mentioned, tis the season to knit Advent Calendar Scarves (even if our other Christmas knitting isn't finished).  I'm working on Day 3, but here's Day 2:


And then I decided that Day 2 was too beautiful to be so short.  So I worked out the chart for the next 8 rows (believe it or not, it was a tad tricky and I felt pretty clever!) and here it is with all 24 rows of Day 2:


Day 2 of my 2012 Advent Calendar Scarf in Madelinetosh Prairie, Tart

No comments:

Post a Comment