Saturday, January 19, 2013

January Continues

As I set out on this journey through 2013, my path has been somewhat crazy!  Some days, I'm cheerful and optimistic.  Some days, I'm sorta blue.  This is not unusual for me in January, so I accept it and keep going one day at a time!

The weather is participating in this craziness.  We've had days in the 60s (Fahrenheit) and days in the teens.  Sunny days and cloudy.  This is not usual for January.  We typically have full cloud-cover and dreary cold.  I'm enjoying the variety, walking when it's warmer, hibernating and knitting mittens and other woolly things when it's not!

Single parenthood is kicking my behind.  Come Holy Spirit!  Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

Enough whining!  Here are the lovely gloves that I knit for my mum for Christmas.  I made the cuffs a bit longer, but otherwise stuck to the pattern as written.

Vanalinn Gloves for My Mother knit in Cascade Yarns Heritage Silk

I just finished another pair of gloves yesterday, but I'll save that photo for another day!


1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful. Great chatting the other night. Thanks for thinking of me and calling to check in. Hugs, C

    ReplyDelete