Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello, my friends!
Today is Thanksgiving and I spent the morning preparing my yearly contribution to the feast: Rolls.
Making Rolls.
From the looks of my cookie sheet, my family and I have consumed a bit of Teflon over the years.
Brushing the rolls with egg wash.
Unfortunately, I forgot that I threw away my pastry brush.  It was looking as bad as my cookie sheet.  So I had to brush the egg wash on with a new paintbrush.  Tedious.  Very tedious.
Best rolls in the world.  Not because I made them, but because they are made from the Challah dough recipe in Secrets of a Jewish Baker by George Greenstein.  Heavenly!!!
I haven't knit yet today, but I will!  I am planning to finish Spencer's Christmas present:
Ear Flap Hat for Spencer
Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment