Saturday, December 3, 2011

2011 Advent Scarf

The 2011 Advent Scarf Knitalong started on December 1st!  So, along with my other Christmas knitting, as well as the other Advent Scarf, I'm knitting this beautiful lace project with over 2000 other knitters from all over the world!  The knitting is going well so far and the chatting on the Ravelry group page is lively and entertaining.
Each day of the scarf is a different type of lace stitch and each day's instructions are given the evening before. Like opening a door on an Advent calender each day before Christmas!
I dyed a small cone of Jaggerspun lace weight yarn with my Pro Chemical and Dye Spearmint and Mallard dyes.  Lovely!  And I bought Toho beads to match.
Here's What we've done through Day 3.  And the kids and I still managed to put up the tree and throw some decorations around, too!
Have a blessed day, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. hello Mary,
    you have a nice blog. I´ll be here as reader.
    bye
    Steffi

    ReplyDelete