Friday, April 8, 2011

Jaywalker Socks and the Dreaded Moths

Well, I had a sad experience on Monday night at Knitting Group.  I brought a lacy shawl to work on, one of my unfinished projects that I've been working on for a long time (couple of years).  When I was showing the ladies, Carol noticed some broken threads.  The more we looked, the more holes we found.  The only reason we could think of was Moths.  So, I sat stunned for a while, Carol assuring me that she could mend it.  No good.
Shawl Eaten by Evil Moths
The upshot is that I have been baking all of my wool in batches all week.  I put it in the oven for an hour on 200 degrees and then I froze it in Zip-Lock bags for 3 days.  Most of my stuff was in bags already.  It's mainly my Works-in Progress and my already-completed garments that have been laying about all exposed.  Now I am fighting the unseen menace. :-(  And trying to remain detached from my earthly treasures!

Meanwhile, my sock yarn being pretreated to be moth-proof, I felt that I would work on a new pair of socks to make me feel a bit better.  So, here's what I've gotten done:
Crazy Jaywalker Socks in Self-Striping Froehlich Yarn

No comments:

Post a Comment