Friday, May 13, 2011

Wood Elf

Hello, everyone!  We are experiencing weeks of thunderstorms and humidity here.  Nice weather for knitting, but that's about it!  I have been knitting a sock with some of my newly hand-dyed yarn (the one I called Pumpkin Patch).
Here's another batch of dyeing goodness:
Yellow Froehlich over-dyed with greens and browns.  I call it Wood Elf.
This yarn was inspired by two of the yarns in a book called The Yarn Lover's Guide to Hand Dyeing.
On page 78 is a yellow yarn that she over-dyed which caused me to say, "Hey, I have crazy-bright yellow sock yarn that I can dye!"  On page 144 is a sock yarn with a regular pattern of stripes and variegated sections.  So I did something like that, hoping that when it's knit-up it will be lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment