Saturday, January 22, 2011

Playing with Wool on a Cold Winter's Day.

Zero Degrees this Morning!  Ugh!
I knit industriously on my Hermione's Scarf this week.  I added charted rows of my own choosing which complicated things a bit.  Even though I didn't like the first blue section, I knit for miles more before committing to taking it out.  Solution?  Cut the scarf in half, knit a better section and graft it back together.  You think I'm joking?  Alas, no joke.
Here I have isolated the offending section.
Here is my beautiful little scarf in two pieces.
Next:
  1. I ripped back and put the stitches on a set of needles.
  2. I selected a better chart and knit that section again.  This actually was the worst part.  I couldn't find a chart that went well with the rest of the scarf.  I was getting tired and cranky as a result of choosing knitting over sleep for several consecutive evenings.  After pouring over books, knitting and ripping out for hours, I finally found a pattern that I liked a lot in Andean Folk Knits.
  3. I went to bed.
  4. I finished knitting that section this morning and have begun the grafting process.
  5. I ate a big salad while blogging because I can't eat and knit at the same time.
Here I have grafted it half way.  Very fiddly.
If you say you liked it better before, I will simply deny that you have good taste.  Some of the stitches are lumpy and bumpy from all the fuss, but I am confident that it will all come out in the wash.  (Blocking).
Thanks for checking in!  Please don't use this post as evidence at my insanity hearing.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment