Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hermione and Hearing the Lord

Hello, everyone!  Well, the Hermione Scarf is on the blocking board.  Half of it, anyway.  I will model it when the whole thing is blocked and dry.  It is about 6 feet long.  The red and white gingham board doesn't provide a very suitable background, so I have pillowcases covering the board.
Pretty cool, eh?
It looked straight when I was pinning it, but now it looks wonky.
Often when I am visiting with a friend or family member I like to ask, "What is the Lord doing in your life?"  I usually receive a deeper response than if I ask, "How are you doing?"  Well, I have to tell you a funny thing that the Lord is doing in my life.  I told you that I have had the blues this winter.  I also told you that my sister gave me a book this week called, "Jesus Calling" and that it's good stuff.  Well, yesterday I was calling ladies to see if anyone wants to have a candle party (I sell Salt City Candles).  While talking with one woman, she started telling me of a book that she keeps with her Bible and reads frequently.  She buys them in bulk and asks God to let her know who might be blessed by having a copy.  She felt because of what I had been sharing with her (clearly we had moved off the topic of candles) that God wanted her to give me one.  Do you want to know what it is called?  "God Calling."  She dropped it off and it is really great!  I think that God is saying that contrary to my belief, He has not forgotten or abandoned me.  Clearly, He is calling!  Both books are a daily reflection format and have "zingers" that both convict and encourage me.  Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment