Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Two Sides of Me

In the interest of "keeping it real" I was sort of tempted to take a picture of my kitchen counter this morning.  Lest anyone should be overly impressed by the clever knitter in me, I felt that he or she should also see the slacker side as well.  Yin and yang don't you know?  Cooler heads prevailed, and the temptation went away.  Actually, the dishes went away, too.  After the laying on of some healthy guilt, my sweet Rebekah washed them.  Thanks Reba!
Along the same lines (my having two sides), I have noticed a battle waging within me between the Creative Me and the Accountant Me.  I love having a stash of yarn from which to choose projects for knitting.  I enjoy collecting different colors and fibers, similar to an artist having a palette.  However...I definitely have an accountant inside me.  When planning a project and envisioning the beautiful colors and textures, the accountant wants to know if we are using the yarn efficiently.  Will there be enough yarn?  If there's extra yarn, will it be enough for another project?  Will this be the wisest use of this yarn?  Creative Me wants to drive Accountant Me out into the country and leave her on the side of the road.  For those of you who write, you may notice a similar conflict between Creative Writer and Editor.  While these parent-like sides are necessary, the child-like sides are more fun.  The following photo makes Creative Me very happy.  It makes Accountant Me nervous.
Rowan Designer DK Collected for projects similar to the Hermione Scarf, 'cause that was way fun!

1 comment: