Thursday, October 21, 2010

St. Paul of the Cross and Lessons in Lace

Hello, everyone!  Yesterday was the feast of St. Paul of the Cross and the meditation in the Magnificat was from his writings.  I know that I mention the Magnificat all the time, but it's good stuff and my mainstay reading. Well yesterday's was uber-good.
"If anyone hurts you, look on him as someone of great value and, with the eyes of one who loves, see him as the person chosen by God to clothe you in holiness and in the patience, silence, and meekness of Jesus Christ."
Wow!  I am reading this after all interactions with my teenagers right now.  Help me, Lord!
OK, so on the knitting-side of my life - Why I love knitting lace:
1.  Thousands of yards of lace-weight yarn costs less than $20.  That's hours of knitting joy.
2.  Lots of  "Wow" appeal.  Everyone thinks knitted socks are cool, but when they see lace, they think I'm a genius!
That's just two of many reasons, but I have to go pick-up Theresa from school, so we'll mention the other glories of lace in another post.
Lace looks like a messy bunch of nothing until it's been blocked, so I thought I'd show you the magic of blocking lace:
The left side is unblocked.  The right side is being blocked with pins and blocking wires.  I highly recommend blocking wires for this job.  My knitting group shares Maureen's set (thanks Maureen!)  Cool, eh?
See the beads I bought to replace the pearls?  You can't see them too well, but they look pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. That's so beautiful. I am in awe at your talent! You are truly amazing my friend. Can I be you when I grow up?

    ReplyDelete